萬萬沒想到用英語要怎么說? - 英語口語
我們可以說 "totally unexpected", "didn"t see that coming", "out of blue" "backfired" "blindsided"
If you never saw/didn"t see something coming, it was totally unexpected.
1. Sometimes an event or circumstance takes us by surprise. Often, the untimely and premature death of celebrities (or loved ones) shocks us, because we never saw it coming.
2. When the ending of a movie turns out way different to what we expect, we call that a twist (in the plot). The storyline is designed in such a way that we don"t see it coming. Can you remember a movie that turned out completely different to what you imagined?My example: The Prestige.
3. Do you know someone whose husband or wife cheated on them? I"ll bet they never saw it coming.
4. If something happens "out of the blue", it happens quickly and unexpectedly. If something happens out of the blue, you don"t see it coming. It appears from “out of nowhere”.
5. If any plan or scheme (especially an evil one) doesn"t work out the way someone expects, we say their plan has backfired. They didn"t plan for it… and so, they didn"t see it coming.
6. If someone is blindsided, they are attacked or hit in their "blind spot". They didn"t see it coming. If someone takes you by surprise, especially in a competition or a game, they blindside you. You are caught by surprise or caught unawared.
She has said that she felt blindsided; there were no risks, no warnings.