課本上學不到的口語表達第三波 - 英語口語

01 I beat you to it.

►beat somebody to it:

比某人搶先一步做了某事。

▷I was just about to open some wine but I see you"ve beaten me to it.

我剛想開瓶酒呢,看來你搶在我前頭開了啊。

02 Jimmy stood me up last night.

►stand someone up:

放某人鴿子。爽約。

▷He stood up his date while he played basketball with the guys.

他因為和基友們打籃球,放了女朋友的鴿子。

03 All I want to do is zone out in front of the TV.

►zone out:

指讓思想放空,對周遭事物渾然不覺。Zone是區域的意思,zone out相當于思想游離到另一個地方去了……

▷At the end of a long, stressful day, all I want to do is go home and zone out in front of the television.

經過漫長的壓力山大的一天,我現在只想回家坐在電視機前發呆。

►in the zone:

相反的,in the zone就是指精力集中,精神狀態極佳,尤指運動員、表演者的表現。

▷I love when I"m running on a nice day with my headphones on and I just get in the zone. I feel like I can keep running forever.

我喜歡天氣好的時候戴上耳機去跑步,感覺精神狀態特別好,好像能永遠跑下去。

04 Without further ado, I would like to...

►without further ado [ə"du:]:

閑話少說;進入正題。Ado意思是忙亂、紛擾、麻煩……

▷And so, without further ado, let me introduce you to tonight"s speaker.

所以,閑話少說,下面就有請今晚的演講嘉賓。

05 I"m sure we haven"t seen the last of him.

►haven"t seen the last of (something):

某事物消失了,但你覺得它還會卷土重來,就可以用這個表達。

▷We got rid of the ants in the kitchen, but I bet we haven"t seen the last of them.

我們把廚房里的螞蟻都弄走了,不過我打賭它們還會出現的。

這是一個比較戲劇化的說法,所以常在電視里聽到。比如反派被打敗了,也許會有這樣的臺詞:

▷You win this time, but you haven"t seen the last of me!

這次算你贏!但別以為我就會這么消失!滅哈哈哈……

06 It will come to me.

►it will come to someone:

會想起來的。忘了什么事的時候,可以說這句話。

▷It"ll come to you. The minute you stop trying to find it, it will find you.

你會想起來的。你不去費勁去找它的時候,它就會自動出現。

07 We went out of our way to please the visitor.

►go out of one"s way:

努力、費盡麻煩做某事。

▷I went out of my way to make sure they were comfortable.

我費盡心力確保他們能住得舒服。

▷We appreciate anything you can do, but don"t go out of your way.

你做的一切我們都很感激,但千萬別太麻煩自己。

08 Hold on. Just hear me out first.

►hear someone out:

聽某人說完他想說的,或者,傾聽某一方的說法。

▷Let him talk! Hear him out! Listen to his side!

讓他說!聽他說完!看看他怎么說!

▷Hear out the witness. Don"t jump to conclusions.

我們要所有證人的證詞都聽一遍,不要武斷下結論。

09 So do we have an agreement?

►do we have an agreement:

通常在商定一件事后說的話。對方同意了,就表示討論的事情就這么定下了。

也可以說:

▷Do we have a deal?

那就這么定了?

▷Do we have an understanding?

我們都很明確對方的想法對吧?

10 Just a heads up.

►a heads up:

給某人提個醒,提前告知一聲。“Heads up”說法來自體育運動,在扔球前,讓對方抬頭,別被砸著。后來廣泛用于社交場合。

▷Just a heads up - we"re going to have to meet soon.

先跟你說一聲,我們很快會見面的。

▷I wanted to give you a heads up that I"ll be sending you the revised form for your approval.

我想提前告訴你一下,我一會兒把修改好的表格發給你審核。

11 When"s it due?

►due:

通常指交作業、交賬單的最后期限。

▷When is this paper due?

論文要什么時候交?

另外,如果due的對象是人,那么意思多半指預產期。

▷When are you due?

你啥時候生?

12 Well, what"s done is done!

►what"s done is done:|

無法改變的事情,只能將就了。文縐縐一點就是,覆水難收、木已成舟。

▷It"s too late to change it now. What"s done is done.

現在換已經來不及啦,認了吧。

13 Can you put me up for a few days?

►put someone up:

給某人提供臨時住宿。

▷When my in-laws were here we put them up at the Four Seasons.

老婆家的親戚來的時候,我們安排他們住四季酒店了。

14 I might take you up on that.

►take someone up on something:

接受某人的邀請,或接受某人提出的建議。

▷I took him up on his offer to take me out to dinner.

他邀我約會吃飯,我答應了。

也可以用這個表達來接受某人的打賭挑戰。

▷He bet me twenty bucks that I couldn"t get a perfect score, and I took him up on it.

他賭20塊我考不好,我決定跟他賭一把。

15 I"m keeping my options open.

►keep one"s options open:

等待中,尚未做決定。Option是選擇、選項。

▷I want to keep my options open, so I didn"t sign the contract yet.

我想再等等看,所以還沒簽合同。

16 You might want to reconsider it.

►you might want to (do something):

建議某人做某事的禮貌說法。適用于各種場合,是對陌生人、同事或親密的人都可以用的句法。

▷Babe, you might want to trim that beard...

親愛的,你是不是該修修胡子啦……

▷You might want to spend more time studying and less time playing video games.

你應該多花些時間在學習上,少玩些游戲。

►類似地,告誡對方不要做某事,可以說,you don"t want to...

▷You don"t want to rush things.

不要操之過急。

17 We"ve just been catching up with each other.

►catch up with (someone):

朋友之間彼此了解近況。

▷It was so lovely catching up with you.

能和你聊聊近況真開心。

18 There is just no such thing as God.

►There is just no such thing as... :

某種情況是不存在的。

▷There"s no such thing as love. It"s just fantasy.

根本沒有“愛情”這回事。不過是你的幻想而已。

19 I think you need to get your priorities straight.

►get one"s priorities straight:

分清主次。Priority [prai"ɔrəti],指優先考慮的事情。

▷Our top priority right now is making sure that everyone is OK.

我們目前的當務之急是確保每個人都無恙。

▷Amazing how fire exposes our priorities.

大火能暴露我們最在意的東西,真神奇。

20 To put it another way, I don"t like it.

►to put it another way:

換言之。Put,有表達的意思。

▷You"re still very young, Tom. To put it another way, you don"t have any idea about what you"re getting into.

湯姆,你還太年輕。換句話說,你不知道自己現在正陷入什么。

▷Well, that"s one way to put it.

好吧,也可以這么說。

▷The subject matter makes the painting a little, how shall I put it, undesirable for public display.

這幅畫的主題有點……該怎么說呢,不大適合展覽出來。

21 I get yelled at all the time.

►get yelled at:

字面意思就是被人吼,被人罵。指受到批評、責罵。

▷I got yelled at for not calling.

我沒打電話,被罵了。

▷Do you get yelled at a lot in the military?

在部隊里會經常被訓斥嗎?

22 I will check on Jeff while he"s not feeling well.

►check (up/in) on something/someone:

查看某人某事的情況,比如監督下屬的工作狀況、關心病人的病情、留意小孩是否安全等……

▷Go upstairs to check up on the children and make sure they"re all asleep.

上樓去看看孩子們睡了沒。

▷I just thought I"d check in on you and see how you"re doing.

我就是想來看看你好些了沒。

23 It happens. Don"t worry about it.

►it happens:

糟糕的事情發生時,用來安慰人的說法。相當于說,倒霉的事時常發生,別太在意。粗俗一點,還可以說,shit happens。

▷A: My girlfriend just broke up with me.

我女票跟我掰了……

B: It happens.

節哀順變。

▷John stepped in a big pile of dog shit, so Tom said "it happens".

約翰踩到狗屎了,湯姆說,踩踩更健康。

24 It"s on me.

►it"s on me:

我來付賬。也可以說,This one"s on me.

▷John: Check, please.

你好,結賬。

Bill: No, it"s on me this time.

別啊,這頓我請。

►商家免費送的商品或服務,可以說on the house.

▷I was the ten thousandth customer, so my dinner was on the house.

我是第一萬個客戶,所以那頓晚餐就免費了。

▷Here, have a cup of coffee on the house.

免費送您一杯咖啡,請慢用。

25 My computer is acting up again.

►act up

(疾?。┌l作;(機器)出毛??;(孩子)調皮搗蛋。

▷My left knee acts up in damp weather.

天氣一潮我左膝蓋就發作。

▷The children have been acting up all evening.

整個晚上孩子們都在調皮搗蛋。

26 Is that a thing?

►(something) is a thing:

很流行很出名,或者人人熟知的某事物,可以叫“a thing”。這是年輕人常用的口語說法,正式場合慎用。

▷A: His ideas are so out-of-the-box. They"re boxless!

他腦洞實在太大了,想法好新奇,完全是boxless!

注:out-of-the-box:形容不同尋常的創意想法。

B: "Boxless?" Is that a thing?

Boxless?現在人們都這么說了么?

A: No, I just made it up.

呃,沒,我剛瞎編的。

▷Huge, baggy suits were kind of a thing back in those days.

那時候特別流行那種寬寬大大的西裝。

27 It doesn"t hurt to ask.

►it doesn"t hurt to:

做某件事有百利而無一害。

▷It doesn"t hurt to have a group of talented, educated people living in your community.

小區里住著一群有才、有教養的人沒什么不好的。

28 I"m just looking.

►just looking...

表示隨便看看,是購物時遇到推銷的導購,最好的回答。

▷-Hi, can I help you?

你好,需要幫忙嗎?

-No thanks, I"m just looking!

不用了,謝謝,我就隨便看看。

免責聲明:本文僅代表文章作者的個人觀點,與本站無關。其原創性、真實性以及文中陳述文字和內容未經本站證實,對本文以及其中全部或者部分內容文字的真實性、完整性和原創性本站不作任何保證或承諾,請讀者僅作參考,并自行核實相關內容。

http://image95.pinlue.com/image/134.jpg
分享
評論
首頁
买鱼能赚钱吗 幸运28是怎么坑人的 暴风影音股票代码 天津十一选五开奖号码在过去 期货配资公司是否正规 云南体彩十一选五开奖结果 福彩东方6十1带坐标走势图 广西福彩快乐双彩走势分布图 河内一分彩信誉平台 管家婆期期准精选资料大全 广西福彩快乐双彩开奖